Monday, March 7, 2011

A Surgery Date

I got a call from the DPH Surgery department today to tell me that even though I haven't received anything in the mail as yet, my surgery date is Monday 28th March. Just under three weeks away.

My pre-op appointment will be this Friday at 10.30am and I should anticipate that this could take 4 to 6 hours! I will be meeting with the anesthetist, surgeons etc and having whatever tests they think necessary.

I admit to being taken a bit unawares by the call. It shook me a bit.

I was ready to get the letter in the mail, to sit down and take my time to open it and get my head around it; getting the call took me off guard. I'd pretty much convinced myself the surgery would be delayed, but the date is exactly what the surgeon indicated when we met with him.

I think I'm still getting my head around it. It feels a bit surreal...

I also got the results of my latest blood test today. My platelets are sitting happy on 188!!!! (which is amazing) I will be able to drop the Prednisone a further 10mg to 30mg tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Great news about your platelets!
    Hope dropping the prednisone dose will help you to feel better.

    ReplyDelete