Monday, March 7, 2011

Friday Follow Up

On Friday 5th March I had a follow up visit with my Hematologist.

She was very pleased with my last platelet count of 151 on the previous Monday. But she took one look at my "moony" swollen face and announced that we would halve the dose of Prednisone, dropping me from 80mg to 40mg.

The hope and the plan is to reduce the Prednisone as much as possible over the next few weeks and still keep my platelets above 150. A nice safe level for surgery.

Each week I will have my bloods taken and will check in with my Hematologist before adjusting the dosage for the next day.

I have been on the 40mg dose since Saturday (only three days) and will get my blood results tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see what happens. Will I be able to maintain platelets of 150 on 40mg?

1 comment: